Saturday, April 04, 2009

Death in Binghamton

Yesterday was a tragic day for Binghamton, New York since a gunman killed thirteen people including himself. Amongst the dead was a 50-year old Iraq Muslim woman. Inna lilaah wa inna ilaihi raaji'oon - to Allah we come and to Allah we return. I send my condolences to the families of the dead.

Binghamton hold a special place in my heart since I spend four years of my life studying there. I do not want to politicize the discussion, but I must state how none of the media refered to the gunman's religion. It is obvious thought that he was not a Muslim because had he been one all of the media would have made sure to make reference to him being Muslim.

Make Allah make us safe from the evil of terror and the taking and spilling of the blood of the innocent, amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment